ETCC 2003 Mod - Info Page
The ETCC 2003 Mod is a free mod for \"F1 Challenge 99-02\" published by EASports. The ETCC 2003 Mod includes all cars and drivers from the 2003 season of the European Touring Cars Championship (ETCC) and it was designed with the aim of creating the most realistic touring car racing simulation currently possible. All cars have been modeled with great attention to detail with unique cockpits and steering wheels for each car model. The ETCC 2003 Mod was designed with the sim-racer in mind, who wants to enjoy close racing as it can be seen in real ETCC races with a realistic driving and physics model and realistic AI behaviour. All the new features of the F1 Challenge 99-02 engine have been used, like the damage model and the new physics, all cars also come with working handbrake, headlights and horns, and the AI has been reworked to make the ETCC 2003 Mod a challenging sim-racing experience.
- 16 Teams / 38 cars
- 7 car models with unique cockpits and physics:
- Alfa 156 GTA
- BMW 320i E46
- Volvo S60
- Seat Toledo Cupra
- Honda Civic Type-R
- Skoda Superb
- Audi A4 (from STCC)
- Realistic physics model using the real specs of the 2003 ETCC cars with unique driving characteristics for each car, also utilizing all the features of the F1 Challenge 99-02 physics engine, like tire heating, tire wear, brake temperature, engine heating, real-time suspension geometry modelling, realistic damage effects and many many more. The physics were developed with the help of real touring car teams and drivers like Alessandro Balzan, Tudor \"Ted\" Miron(RTCC) and Will Turner (SWC)
- Realistic touring car sounds unique for each car model with different inside and outside sounds
- Totally reworked AI to make for realistic and challenging single-player races
- Realistic setup options and modified telemetry tool to find the ideal setup for each of the 20 different racetracks
- Stunning new visual effects like blurred wheels, new tired smoke and backfires
- Professionally designed menu graphics and launcher tool with advanced features like a track converter for F1 2002 tracks
- All 3D models have been carefully optimized with different LOD steps for high framerates even on lower spec PCs
- Lots of details like new pitwall textures, updated grid number-plates and many many more...
You need a full working install of EA Sports \"F1 Challenge 99-02\". The minimum and recommended specs for CPU speed and graphics adapter are the same as those given for \"F1 Challenge 99-02\". The use of a force-feedback steering wheel is highly recommended. Additional gearbox controllers and clutch pedals are supported.